Noble Rot #22
by Noble Rot
In the cork poppin’, gut bustin’, merry makin’ new issue of Noble Rot magazine...
- We spotlight the wines of Catalonia and Jurançon, as well as Burgundy’s often under-appreciated Aligoté. From Els Jelepins and Pepe Raventos to Sylvain Pataille and the uber-cult Clos Joliette, we tell the stories behind some of Europe’s most exciting domaines
- We meet the ‘hedonist in the cellar’, novelist and wine writer Jay McInerney
- We travel to Épernay to taste a bottle of 1895 Pol Roger recently excavated from the site of the domaine’s historic 1900 cellar collapse, and ask how wines age.
- We take a retrospective look at 150 years of Soho restaurant culture, and Suzanne Moore celebrates Greek St’s famous Gay Hussar. Notorious in its day for being the lair of many a plotting politician, it will re-open as Noble Rot Soho in late-spring 2020
- We feature stories about Ballymaloe Cookery School, the 30th anniversary of Marco Pierre White’s White Heat and Emilia Romagna gastronomy, as well as reviews, recipes and musings from Simon Hopkinson, Marina O’Loughlin, Alastair Little, Andrew Jefford, Stephen Harris, Tom Brown, Russell Norman, Rowley Leigh, George Reynolds, Zeren Wilson, Simon J Woolf, Nina Caplan, Henry Harris, Morgan Dunn and John Niven, among much more...
Product Dimensions: 170 x 230 mm
Published by Noble Rot