This issue of LONTAR presents speculative writing from and about Singapore, the Philippines, Malaysia, Cambodia, Indonesia and Thailand.
Inside these pages, you’ll find:
• an ancient and fatal karmic reunion in Jakarta by award-winner Gord Sellar;
• the true origin of the Merlion by Singapore Literature Prize winner Amanda Lee Koe;
• a young man’s literal transformation into an island by award-winner Ng Yi-Sheng; a far-future Malaysian fairy tale by Kawika Guillermo;
• a gentle aquatic apocalypse from novelist Erica Verrillo;
• an enlightening visit with a forest monk in northern Thailand by Italian journalist Massimo Morello;
• a comic on the price of technological hubris by Benjamin Chee;
• and speculative poetry by Tania De Rozario, Joel Donato Jacob, Lee Jing-Jing, Daryl WJ Lim, Christina Sng and Sokunthary Svay.
Paperback: 132 Pages
Product Dimensions: 165 x 215 mm
Published by Epigram Books